Careers at the Club
Want to join a Team that IMPACTS Lives?
Part-Time Help Needed: (working with Children):
Starting at $15.00+/hour, depending on experience
Hours: After-School (6 – 12 year olds) 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Teens (13 – 18 year olds) 6:00pm – 9:00pm
To join the Club Team, submit your information below, mention “Jobs from website” in the message AND
Please send your resume and put “Jobs from website” in the subject line, to: La’Toya Spencer [email protected]
Part-Time Development Associate (Fundraising):
The Part-Time Development Associate for the Boys & Girls Club of Camden County will work closely with the Director of Development and various departments within our nonprofit organization, to help with fundraising activities. He/she will have varying duties and hours depending upon the time of year, upcoming events and campaigns.
The development associate is responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising operations for the Boys & Girls Club of Camden County. He or she will report to the Development Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Development Associate
- Work to acquire new donors and manage a donor database; keep in regular contact with donors during fundraising events.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Troubleshoot database issues.
- Provide support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
- Assist with social media and website updates, and possibly online newsletter.
- Help with the creation and finalization of guest lists.
- Mail flyers and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers and guests in order to inform them of events and activities.
- Provide support to other advertising efforts and works in public relations.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, maintaining a filing system and more.
- Assist in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess experience in ResultsPlus or other databases, preferred.
- Has the ability to work very flexible hours including a few evenings for events.
- Display attention to detail, exceptional time-management and organizational skills, as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Show persuasiveness, passion for our mission and the ability to procure donors, funders and items needed for fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email, on video conferencing or through letters.
- Work well alone, with a Team, as well as under direct supervision.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance, nonprofit management or a related field, preferred. May substitute experience in lieu of a degree, if candidate has 3 to 5 years’ experience in fundraising. Experience in organizing fundraising events is preferred but not required; on-the-job training is available.
The work environment while finding donors and volunteers, working with the database, or working on donor/prospect communications, may involve spending time indoors in an office setting using a telephone and a computer. However, during the process of setting up for and overseeing a fundraising event, the associate may need to be present outdoors or at an offsite venue for several hours at a time. The job is not incredibly physically demanding, but the candidate may need to be on his or her feet for upwards of 4 – 6 hours during an event and may need to lift various packages/boxes needed for an event that weight about 25 pounds.
The development associate is a part-time position and will be paid an hourly rate, commensurate with their education and experience. There may be some weeks that require more hours to prep for an event, while other weeks will not have as many hours. Flexibility will be a factor in hiring.